New Posts - Getting Warned

Those who wish to get emailed whenever there is a new post, please let me know through my email preto.jpau@yahoo.com

I only have 5 vacancies left on this blog service. Be quick!

Have a nice weekend,
LFP

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Introduction to blog

Greetings to you all,

My name is Luis Preto.

I'm a Jogo do Pau instructor and I've created this blog for those who are interested in learning Jogo do Pau.

I'll present regular articles on its technique and training methods and answer questions on these same subjects. Additionally, I'll will give you, the reader, the opportunity to give me feedback on both the contents covered and the subjects you wish to gather more information on (but for this, please participate the pools and other initiatives of its kind).

For those who have already been introduced to JdP this will be an added tool to help improve your training and, for those new to this art, this can be the ignition to set up a study group with your friends and start having loads of "martial" fun.

Those who practice other MA but are nevertheless interested in either this art's articles or its training methods are welcome to join this blog anyway (since comments are restricted to approved members).

The only demand that I place to this Blog's participants is for everyone to respect one another.

I'm open to questions and I don't even mind people disagreeing with some of my views, but I ask that people try their best to participate with an open mindset and using logic and common sense to state their views.

As all hypothesis must go through practical testing before being upgraded to theories, this will require sparring. Therefore, let's do our best to save our emotions for these moments.

This way, we can all hopefully end up learning from each other, while enjoying thought provocative but non personal discussions.

Welcome and friendly blows,
Luis Franco Preto

No comments:

Luis Franco Preto

  • A) University degree in Sport Sciences
  • B) Certified Fitness Trainer by International Sport Sciences Association
  • C) Certified Youth Fitness Trainer by ISSA
  • D) Certified Endurance Fitness Trainer by ISSA
  • E) Author of "Jogo do Pau: The Ancient Art and Modern Science of Portuguese Stick Fighting" by Chivalry Bookshelf
  • F) Certified Tennis Coach by the Portuguese Tennis Federation
  • G) Certified Basketball Coach by the Portuguese Basketball Federation
  • H) JdP Instructor at seminars in Bremen, Lisbon & Geneve 2003
  • I) JdP Instructor at seminar in Geneve 2004
  • J) JdP Instructor at seminar in Zurich - 2005
  • K) JdP Instructor at 7th Annual WMA Workshop (2006)
  • L) JdP Instrutor at HEMAC - Dijon 2008